Monday, March 23, 2009

Extraordinary

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Dear God,

I let the weekend go by and didn't write, so I thought I would take a few moments this morning to do so. What's on your mind?

My dear son,

It is not what is on my mind but what is on your heart. Your incredible heart. Your incredible faithful heart.

My ordinary heart.

Not so ordinary and extremely extraordinary.

Just an ordinary heart. Just my heart.

You do not feel that you have an extraordinary heart?

No more extraordinary than holding this conversation with you. No more extraordinary then this ability.

Yet we both know it is extraordinary. The average person does not choose to communicate with me. I would go so far as to say that the average person doubts if even you have the ability to communicate with me. They would like to believe that someone – anyone – has the ability to communicate with me. But the average man thinks such a person is a member of the clergy. Many feel that the Pope has such an ability. And they would be accurate.

In these troubled times, many hope that our world leaders are communicating with you.

There are those who do and those who don’t. But in these troubled times it does not much matter.

It doesn’t!! God can’t help us in these times??? That is a very troubling thought.

I do not have all the answers. I never claim to have.

I thought you were the Alpha and the Omega! I thought that you did/do have all the answers. As I proceed into retirement and writing our book, I’d like to think you have been guiding me along the path.

There is a difference between guidance and providing the answers. I have found – down through the eons of time – that providing answers only give the recipient someone to blame when things do not work out perfectly with their own line of thinking.

So you not only don’t have answers for these troubled times but you really don’t have answers for me about going to Oregon.

I do not think it is fair of you to equate the troubled financial times of the world with your retirement and subsequent book writing.

Perhaps it is not fair but as most everyone else does – I tend to live within my own little world. It is a microcosm of the bigger world picture. Few people really worry about the world economy – they only worry about their small piece of it.

True enough. True enough. Even amongst the world leaders it is difficult to fully understand the full picture of the world economy. Sadly the same can be said for some of the world economists that are guiding the world leaders to the solution for this current crisis.

The world economists don’t know what they are doing?

Some do, some don’t. Sometimes it takes difficult action to correct difficult problems. Such is the case now. There are many differing opinions as to the best course of action. Some decisions will cause severe pain and a quick healing. Others are of lesser pain and a much longer period of healing. Many lives hang in the balance. There will be much personal pain no matter the course of action. The perfect answer is a delicate balance of both types of solutions. But anyone who thinks, or tells you, that it will be painless is deluding both you and themselves.

This is the best you can tell me? I could get this from the news!

Only if you listen to it.

I’m listening to you!

I’m simply pointing out that you choose to listen to the absolute minimum of news that you can.

I have listened to more than I ever have and as I just stated, what you have told me here I could have – no, not could have – I have gotten from the news!

There are few newscasts that are telling enough truth for this message to be received. I’m glad you got it.

There are those who are currently telling me that I am choosing a very bad time to retire. At the moment I have a very good job and seems foolish to leave it, to move and go write a book.

Those people – those loving and well-meaning people – just like the misguided world economists – do not see the whole picture. They do not have the same information – and I might say, the same inspiration – to make the decision that you are. Do you doubt your decision?

Yes and no. Mostly, no.

But there is doubt in your mind?

Yes. In my mind. Not in my heart.

And which will win out?

Oh. Definitely – my heart.

So we come full circle – back to your extraordinary heart.

I will acknowledge that my heart may be extraordinary – but to me – it’s just my heart.

And so the extraordinary becomes ordinary.


What I find so fascinating about this excerpt is the insight that I get about God. I have a very strong preconceived idea of who and what God is. Such as thinking that He has all the answers. We were just having our average conversation and then there is the profound statement: I do not have all the answers. As well as: There is a difference between guidance and providing the answers. I have found – down through the eons of time – that providing answers only give the recipient someone to blame when things do not work out perfectly with their own line of thinking. God evens tells me that He doesn't think I'm being fair.

Even with this extraordinary ability to communicate with God and for as long as I have done so, I still find writings to be extraordinary. Just when I think I know God, I find out I don't know God.

If the above view of God differs from your personal experience or concept it is just that - different. Neither view is right or wrong, just different. Namsté.