Thursday, June 04, 2009

Being Distracted

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Dear God,

It has been far too long since we have written. I am here and listening.

And I am here as well. I know that you just spent time reviewing this entire chapter. You just read about faith and especially about Thee of Faith to Act and yet you sit here doubting yourself.

Not really. Okay – maybe I am. I am doubting my commitment to this book process.

All because it has been over a week since we last wrote? All because you spent the last couple of days writing letters instead of our book? Do you think that those letters were less important to me than this book?

I just think I might not be serving our book process as well as I should.

Do you trust me?

Of course.

Do you consider me to be God? God Almighty? Maker of Heaven and Earth? The Alpha and the Omega?

Yes. Yes. Yes, to all of that.

As such do you no think if I had wanted you to work on our book that you would have, indeed, been working on our book?

My dear God, I seem to get distracted so easily. I just wasn’t sure if maybe I was allowing other things to become a priority.

You were. Perfectly. This book process is—as is all of your life—about finding balance. My dear son, even you cannot be writing all the time. You are a very devoted messenger but it is unrealistic of you to think you should be writing constantly.

I don’t write as I once did. I no longer write on a daily basis or even for extended periods of time. I have not worked on this book for over a week.

Yet you have served as my messenger and as my prophet nonetheless and that myself is a sign of spiritual leadership. Or at least it is in my eyes.

How can I argue with that?

You can’t—not really. Although it is within your nature to do so. I will remind you that being my messenger is a multi-faceted, multi-functional job that many men would not choose.

Recently you have accepted late night phone calls. You have accepted emails. You have read and responded to letters. Each time you have acted as my messenger—you have provided prophetic advice, you have offered loving understanding and thoughtful encouragement. Each time you have acted with love and faith. What more could I ask of a Spiritual Leader?

I do realize the importance of such things.

Do you? Do you—really?

Well I think so.

You are who you are. I wish you to declare it again.

I am a Messenger of God. I am a Prophet. I am a Spiritual Leader. I am that I am.

Being my messenger does not mean just having the ability to receive and record my message. Nor does being my prophet just mean having the ability to receive prophetic messages and images. It does not mean just having the willingness to convey these messages. Spiritual Leadership dos not just mean having the courage to declare yourself these things.

I am these things. I know it’s not just what I do—it’s what I am.

Being my messenger is much more than these acts of doingness. While you cannot be my messenger without them neither are they what drive you. It is your heart—you love and faith drive you. It is the sign of a mature leader—even that of a great leader—that allows himself to stay in the moment of now. In the past week you have demonstrated such greatness. It is not always about writing this book. It is always about being what others need. You have served me perfectly in this last week—and you haven’t written a word in our book. Yet many, many people have received the message I would have them hear.

Thank you for reassuring me about what I have been doing.